Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday's Post, July 8 (posted on Friday!)

So here we are. Contemplating the meaning, or sometimes meaninglessness, of life. Okay, don't worry, I'm not going to get all philosophical about deep things or anything like that. I'm just sitting in class, for which it is true, I paid 1/3 of the cost to take it than at any other college (except for community college!), but I still feel like I am wasting my time. Plus I'm bored. And I just spent 5 minutes replying to inane questions that drive me up the wall! "There seriously must be more to life than all of this, " a thought that has been hounding me for some time now. We spend our lives doing what people expect us to do, graduate from college, get married, go for further education, buy a house, get a car, have kids, travel to Europe or Hawaii, and retire in style. Or you have those who spend their lives "rebelling" by doing the exact opposite of what they are expected to. There should be more, though. More than sitting in a classroom, listening to people rehash the same old same old stories. More than sitting in an office, or in a committee meeting, listening to people rehash the same old same old stories. Or maybe there isn't more. I don't know. I just know that I'm beginning to lose my patience, I'm getting antsy, and I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

1 comment:

  1. Stick with it. It will be worth it when you have your Masters!

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought or two. . .