Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday's Freedom

I sit on my roomie's bare mattress, facing a single window out which I can see a dreary Friday afternoon whose drizzle, thankfully, has reduced the heat and humidity to a pleasant temperature, a gentle farewell as I prepare to leave in 36 hours. As Trey Lorenz keeps me company on Pandora, I take a deep breath and let all the air out along with weeks of stress, uncertainties, late nights, and loneliness. In two days I'll be home!!!

I don't know what to do with myself with all this free time! I do know what I should be doing, which includes packing, vacuuming, doing some last minute spot cleaning, and maybe watching a movie or two. Maybe I'll even take a little nap! I've got a long list, as usual.

But for now, I relish the hours that stretch deliciously long. . .and smile. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .