Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Once Upon a Blue Night

Today was not a good day. I was tired from tossing and turning the night before, I was hot from the 90% humidity the night before that abated somewhat during the day, I was hungry because I didn't want to eat supper before I finished my homework, and I was irritated because it took me seven hours to finish that homework. Most afternoons I've spent about 3 to 4 hours on homework, which is fine, but this afternoon we had to meet to discuss a debate for class tomorrow and you know how group discussions go. . .and go. . .and go. . . By the time we finally decided we had the issue covered well enough, I had had enough of "wasting my time" with irrelevant matters and personal opinions and tiddly things. But at least I got to call home for 50 minutes this evening, there is a slight breeze every now and then, and I feel prepared for tomorrow's class. Plus, it's only 4 days until the day I go HOME!!!! I shall absolutely not miss this place. I am more than ready to go home, to air conditioning, decent food, a clean kitchen that doesn't stink of other people's meat and fish, my family who cares, and smiling people who are always ready to take a minute to chat. I miss my family! I miss my friends! I miss Dr. Jensen and Sherry and LaVonne and everyone else I see when I step out of my back office to take a walk. I miss my car! I miss eating white pita bread with vegenaise and cheddar cheese! I miss shopping at Winco and Walmart! I miss seeing little bunny rabbits outside my front door! And I miss being home! I'll be there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .