Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Purple Cat With An Orange Collar

"Keep this in mind—you are loved."

Today was another of those tough days. Seems like I've been getting a slew of them lately and I'm not exactly sure why. Well, okay, I have my theories, but cyberspace is neither the time nor the place to expound on those.

Feeling like a little pick-me-up was in order, I began to leaf through a cute "Stuck on You" notepad that LaVonne gave me for my birthday. When I came across the note where a smiling purple cat proclaimed that "you are loved" as bubble hearts sailed above his head, I stopped turning pages. "It's true," I thought. "I am loved."

We all have bad days. We all have bad weeks. Some of us have bad months and even bad years and, okay, let's stop there. Yet in the midst of those difficult times, don't we all stop and think, just for a moment, of the people who love us? We realize that even though it's not easy going, there are people who care about us, who are rooting for us, who want us to succeed, and who will support us through the hard times and cheer us on as we pursue our dreams. I am blessed to have so many people in my life who I know care about me. I have a really great family, very close friends, awesome coworkers, and so many friendly people in my wider circle of acquaintances. Most importantly, I have a Father Who loves me infinitely and maybe I need to stop and ponder how much He really cares for me.

As I prepare for another busy week, I'll not forget to remember. . .that I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .