Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Night Owl

Hah, it's 11 pm and I'm still up. Shouldn't be, particularly since I have resolved to exercise, every day, for at least 30 minutes. I set out quite determinedly on Monday morning and managed to get in a good 45 minutes around the Loop. Then I woke up this morning feeling slightly sore and hit the snooze button. Tomorrow morning I have to get in to work asap, which means I won't have time to walk unless I get up before the crickets (and I am so not a morning person) so maybe Thursday? I think I value my sleep more than my exercise. But my evening was not time wasted :) I talked to a good friend for over an hour, spent some time at home chatting with my mom, and vacuumed my little place and cleaned the bathroom. I'm excited cuz Tara Marie is coming tomorrow, yaaaay! Oh, and Michael made the most delicious homemade blackberry pie with fresh blackberries that he and my mom picked by the creek and he even made the double crust from scratch (Betty Crocker rocks!). It tasted absolutely perfect.

Found out at the dentist today that I've managed to chip a crown so I have to have it replaced. Fun :( Not. My orthodontist has recommended jaw surgery because of an open bite and an overbite and it's a 30-month process with braces and breaking the jaw to realign it and I really don't want to do a major surgery like that but she and my dentist both strongly suggest I should because I'm "compromising" my back teeth. Bother. I hate making decisions like that. Which is why I'm eagerly looking forward to going to heaven, where we will never have to worry about root canals, where crowns will be golden and placed on our heads instead of in our mouths, where we can eat all we want and never have to brush or floss, and where toothaches will be a thing of the past.

Okay, I really should go to bed now. But does anyone know when I'll get to take a break from getting back from being away?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .