Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Life's a See-Saw (and I'm in the middle)

So there are down days, there are up days, and then there are those days when you experience both in one, which is fine as long as it ends on a good note!!!

Yet another crazy hectic day. I didn't get to anything on my extensive list of "things to do;" I couldn't even find my list!!! I feel like I've spent my entire week putting out fires, answering questions, answering the phone (14 messages in one day, when for months I would be excited if I got 4 messages in one week!), answering questions, answering the phone, answering emails, answering questions. . .you probably get the point. I'm not exactly sure why, when everyone seems to have managed quite well for six weeks while I was gone, that the instance I am back they become utterly helpless and unable to do the smallest things. Okay, maybe not the smallest things, but right now I feel like I'm in panic-mode and I'm frustrated because I'm not able to be as organized and on top of things as I normally would be if it were an ordinary school-year. With a number of new students, new teachers & staff, and a new experience overall, it is difficult to stay above water, let alone be competent in the areas I know I excel. As an overachieving perfectionist, that doesn't bode well for my sanity!!!

There are always, though, those moments when you know you're going to be okay. When you wake up from an amazingly deep unexpected nap, taste a steaming fresh banana muffin that rose perfectly, or sit around the kitchen table with family and laugh from the bottom of your soul. You realize that, despite it all, you are still blessed with health, family, friends, shelter, and more than you need. (plus it's easier to feel grateful when it's the beginning of a lovely long weekend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .