Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Greatest Want. . .

I'm excited! If you've been following my blog, you'll know that it's been kind of difficult lately, trying to keep that vision, and wondering if there is a purpose and meaning to it all. Today was exactly what I needed: a reminder of why I am here. As I busily bustled about Classroom 1, solving scheduling issues, answering questions from agitated people, and handing registration packets to uncertain college freshmen, I was truly happy within. When someone asked me how I was feeling, amidst the hectic, I grinned real big and said, "this is my most favourite time of the year!

I'm also excited because I was reminded again today why I am at Weimar and what my mission in life is at present. My mission in life is not to travel the seven seas, reaching people on distant islands, it is not to hike tall mountains and share the gospel with remote tribes, it is not to pull people out of the grasp of sin through inner-city ministries, it is not to live on a farm in some deserted area far removed from the city and it is not to journey to foreign countries and convert souls by the thousands. My mission in life is to do exactly what I do now. To be the best registrar, advisor, counselor, and friend to as many as I can who come to Weimar. My mission field is right here, near the city but not in it, enabling missionaries to go out but not going as one, supporting the sharing of the gospel in an indirect way and yet seeing results all the time as one by one, the young people leave this campus, faith strong and ready to change the world.

As I sat in Classroom 2 this evening and listened to the beautiful harmonies swell and fill the room, tears came to my eyes. "This is why I am here," I thought, "and I don't have to go anywhere else to find this experience. It's right here."

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to read this. I cannot wait to visit campus when I return. :) Enjoy your day my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought or two. . .