Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's My Skin (and don't tell me what colour it is, either!)

T'was a long day today, filled with meetings, phone calls, people needing to talk, and of course the things that needed to be done for registration, which I managed to squeeze in somewhere. Now I am grateful for the extra two hours I have tomorrow morning when I will be scurrying about photocopying things, locating extra pens, and trying to calm frantic teachers, direct new students, and help worried parents as we begin a new year. . .yet again!!! Seems like every year we're doing everything from the beginning, all over again, and you'd think I would have it down pat by now, but unfortunately it seems like I've been getting a lot of curveballs lately.

I love www.quotegarden.com and my quote for today kinda hits home:

"All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naïve. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself." ~Ralph Ellison, "Battle Royal"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .