Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Long Days, Short Nights

Because I decided that my priority was to watch "Confessions of a Shopaholic" last night and stay up till 11 pm, I also decided to skip the morning walk this morning and set my alarm for 7:30 am. Unfortunately, the train had a different idea and I was up at 6:30 to a distinct choo-choo right outside my window. So, after sailing around the loop a billion times, I started a rather busy day at work. I'm still trying to catch my breath after six weeks' absence and am beginning to fear I shall never see my shadow again!!! Tomorrow a good friend comes to stay for a week (yaaay Tara Marie!) and after that, yup, school begins. It will be fun to have everyone around, but when do I get to breathe???

I forked over $80 today for a meal ticket and the plan is to eat lunches in the caf for awhile since they have such great salads (no bread for me!!!). My absolute favourite is English cucumbers, red bell peppers, chickpeas (garbanzo beans), kidney beans, and sweet corn, with garlic feta drizzed over top. Yum yum!!! Of course I have so much food stuffed into my tiny fridge from my town trip to Winco yesterday, that I may have to eat some of my lunches at home. I'm not used to buying food for only one person!!! It's probably a good thing that I only have a mini fridge right now, or I'd be tempted to buy everything in bulk.

I'm grateful for air conditioning tonight, cuz it's kinda hot. Nothing particularly scintillating to write about, so I shall attempt to get a little more sleep tonight. I think I'm finally starting to catch up. . .

Oh, Raley's has been having grapes for 87 cents a pound, and they're super delicious too! They even had Bing cherries for $1.49!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .