Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Few of My Favourite Things

One of my favourite parts about traveling is getting to eat the food. (except for the one time we spent a week in the aboriginal villages in Taiwan, that was a whole 'nother culinary experience I don't care to repeat, but the people were very generous!) Here is no exception and every time I return, I look forward to buying my favourite foods and enjoying them again.

I flew in to Albert Heijn as soon as I arrived (the equivalent of a Safeway or a Winco in the US) and picked up some food to tide me over the first five days. Of course I always buy way too much, but here's a quick peek at my shopping list.

  • Karnemelk (buttermilk)
  • Ananas sap (pineapple juice)
  • Tartex (a vegetable pate spread)
  • Stroopwafels (syrup waffles, a type of cookie)
  • Kokosbrood (slices of "coconut bread" that you place on top of bread, like a sweet deli slice)
  • Rozijnenbrood (raisin bread)
  • Vla (a custard-like dessert, I prefer the soy kind)
  • Hagelslag (chocolate sprinkles, put on bread with margarine)
  • Muisjes (anise sprinkles, also put on bread with margarine)
  • Kaas (cheese, Gouda of course!)
Yuuuum, I'm getting hungry. Time to eat breakfast!

1 comment:

Share a thought or two. . .