Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Indescribable

I was one of the lucky 50 to receive a copy of the Women of Faith "Worship" CD and it has quickly become one of my favourite CDs to listen to. The CD has got an eclectic mix of upbeat songs mixed in with more peaceful worship songs. The words of the different selections feature hope and faith in a very real God Who cares about us.

The CD has 10 songs, each of them focusing on God and His relationship with us. "Just Wanna Say" and "Glorious" are fun songs, making you want to sing and dance along. For those who like a quieter style, "Lead Me To The Cross" and "Indescribable" reflect on salvation and creation.

My absolute favourite song is one that brought tears to my eyes when I first heard it. "You Are God Alone" reminds us that God is in control, that He is above all the junk we encounter on a daily basis in this rotten world, and that He is God alone. It's my favourite song to turn up loud (when the neighbours are out!) and sing along, knowing that God hears my voice and understands my heart.

If you're looking for a CD to cheer your heart, lift your spirits, or soothe your soul, Women of Faith Worship is an excellent choice.

Note: the above review was written with the contemporary listener in mind. If you prefer more traditional music, this CD may not be what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .