Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

NetMissing

I'm upset. I did not get my Netflix DVD in the mail and only two conclusions can be drawn: the post office returned it or somebody else watched my DVD. I'm inclined to go with the latter.

I really can't believe it! I'd put a cute little romantic comedy on hold and anticipated receiving it in the mail on Monday. I've never had any problems with Netflix before, and knew exactly how many days it took to come. If I sent one in on a Friday, which I had the week previous, then I would get my next one on a Monday. Well Monday came around, and my DVD wasn't there. I thought maybe there was a hiccup in the mail, so Tuesday came around but there was no DVD either. I hadn't had a chance to run to the mailroom to check till after lunch, which meant I couldn't ask if my DVD had ever even made it in on Monday.

Then this evening I went online to report the missing DVD and found that my next queued DVD was scheduled to arrive tomorrow. That means my first one was returned on Monday because I get my email notifications a day later.

I'm upset because I'd made plans both nights to watch the comedy with my mom and sister. I was looking forward to watching it.

As I think it through, it does seem that the post office must have made a mix-up. It's rather odd, because generally you have to take the envelope apart to convert it into a return envelope, but perhaps it ended up at a different post office, who knows. But to return the DVD on Monday, well I guess someone would have had to drive it down to another post office because the mail comes in at 11:30 or so here, and closes down at lunch-time, which doesn't give enough time to watch the DVD.

Hmmm, maybe I should become a detective! Well, Netflix will not allow me to complain about my DVD till the 15th, so I've penciled it in to my calendar. Hopefully, fingers crossed, they will send it to me right away so I can watch it. Customer Service. Something we take for granted, to be valued highly, and yet not appreciated enough. I've learned from this experience, as I seem to continue to learn every day, it seems, that if you mess up, apologize, go the extra mile, and do your best to make the other person feel valued.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! Did someone at Weimar get it by mistake, watch it, got embarrassed and then mailed it back? I wish we could know exactly what happened. I remember when we first went to Weimar, I was worried that maybe we shouldn't get Netflix delivered there. Like people didn't watch movies there, or they would peek at what I rented. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought or two. . .