Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In the Fifth

It's only 8 pm and already I'm turning down the lights and sitting here by candlelight with a cup of hot mint tea cooling down. I think I'll adapt TGIF's slogan to TGIW. Somehow, Tuesday seems to be the longest day of the week, but once Wednesday's gone, you just have Thursday and then a half day on Friday and then the weekend hits!

Sometimes I wonder how many free weekends I need before I start to feel bored and look about for something to do! Seems like there's always something going on, whether a special event, going out to eat with friends, cleaning and tidying at home, or sleeping in from a late Saturday night!

I've started watching what I eat, and I'm trying to get in some exercise (been successful only one day this week so far with the exercise), so I'm kind of irritable right now. I hate feeling hungry and there's only so much lettuce and carrot sticks one can tolerate. Unfortunately I'd been developing bad habits of eating whenever and whatever I pleased. So here we go, working on the New Year's Resolution to do something about this excess baggage I insist on carrying about, and adding to on a regular basis!

While stressful at times, I am actually quite grateful that my week has been super busy and that I have a lot to do. I remember the days that stretched into endless weeks and turned into mindless months when we had few students and life at the college slowed down to an islander's pace. Some days I felt like I was going bonkers because of how bored I was!!! Now, with the spring semester beginning, 31 full-time students eagerly studying away, and new staff learning the ropes, I sit back and work steadily but surely through the pile of items that demand my immediate attention and smile that I have so much work to do.

The best part of my job is, as always, the people. I worry that I don't know everything, but I try to give my best advice to those who ask, and I am happy when students and coworkers feel comfortable coming in my office to sit for a little chat. While it's true that there have been a lot of changes around here, at least I haven't changed, and people will always remain the same! Imagine, I've worked as registrar for over 4 years now! Can't quite believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .