Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Drop Drop Drop, Drop in the Bucket

I think it's time to make a new Bucket List. I made one more than 7 years ago. That's a really long time when you think about it. So below I shall review my list and then update it accordingly.

June 2010 Bucket List
  1. Lose 30 pounds. I didn't write down my original weight so it's hard to know how much I've lost but I'm going to be on the safe side and say I lost 10 pounds. On the positive side, I'm learning how to eat healthier and exercise more.
  2. Write a book. Hmmmm, does a blog count? 
  3. Be involved with some type of ministry for at least a year. I worked with an organization against human trafficking for several months and led out in depression recovery programs in the community for 3 years where one woman shared how she felt empowered at the end of the 8-week program.
  4. Keep my place tidy for more than a week! Don't quote me but I think I've managed this.
  5. Visit the Seychelles, Switzerland, Austria, and New York. Austria--check.
  6. Become a certified Marriage & Family Therapist. Got my graduate degree, albeit in Leadership instead of counseling.
  7. Earn my PhD in Psychology, Higher Education, or English. Not sure this is my final goal.
  8. Work at a mainstream SDA college (as an assistant registrar or registrar or executive assistant). Check! Executive assistant.
  9. Be published in Adventist World. Check! Article on pain published.
  10. Get my green card. Check!

August 2017 Bucket List (For the next 5 years)
  1. Lose those other 20 pounds.
  2. Buy a house.
  3. Travel to at least 5 new countries (preferably one in South America).
  4. Settle down permanently.
  5. Be published in Huffington Post.
  6. Be conversant in Arabic.
  7. Resolve conflicts openly.
  8. Coordinate a women's retreat on embracing who we are as daughters of God.
  9. Do at least one public speaking engagement--sermon, conference, in-service training.
  10. Go to a museum by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .