Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's Time to Move In

I'm super excited. My place looks like a real house! My sister and I spent about four focused hours this afternoon rearranging furniture (famous words "let's try it and see how it looks"), giggling as we hoisted dressers and desks, pushing and shoving them into corners, and sometimes measuring beforehand to make sure they would fit! She patiently held pictures in various configurations while I squinted closely to see whether or not it "felt right" and should be hammered into place. While we don't claim to be house makeover super stars, we were quite pleased when we had finished putting the last picture up and moving the green overstuffed chair into the corner. It was finished! Two years after I moved into my teeny studio apartment, I finally have a place that doesn't look like a storage for all my stuff, but like a home. Why did it take me so long?

Now to tackle the "give away, throw away, keep" piles. That will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .