Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ran across a poem I wrote one summer :) Wishing it was this hot right now!

I wade
Through
Thick layers of heat
Swimming against the current
Of beating sun
My hand firmly clutching
A pink soda can of
Cherry vanilla
Crème
All my energies centered
On a small 12 ounce
Cylindrical container, as
Its chill begins to
Seep
Through the palm of
My hand
Soon an icy feeling
Begins to spread from
The tip of my spine
Down
To my toes, radiating throughout
My body
In a hundred
And six
Degree weather,
I
Begin to
Shiver
Despite the sun’s rays
Mercilessly pounding
As I keep my eyes
To
Cement passing under my sandaled feet
Relief is near
Behind closed doors
An air-conditioned office awaits
Where twenty degrees cooler
I shall
Sit
And I shall
Sip
My cherry vanilla crème soda
(c) maria L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .