Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Monday, April 20, 2009

The very first

Okay, so here I am, joining the world of bloggers out there. Being the sanguine that I am, I'm always looking for ways to connect with people, though I'm still not sold on the whole virtual reality aspect of Facebook, Twitter, blogging, etc. etc. ad nauseum. I periodically join one of the sites, get hooked for about a month or two (though Facebook took a little longer), and then give up and drop off the virtual planet until the itchings to "connect" come again. But seriously, though, what is it doing for society? There was an article not too long ago about the intelligence of college students who use Facebook on a regular basis. While they claim that it doesn't affect their studies, the conclusion was that their grades were consistently lower. Of course, one could argue, other unrelated factors could come into play, such as personality traits, so the verdict is still out on that one. You can read the article online at http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/facebookusers.htm. I'm contemplating this whole Facebook thing right now, even as I watch words forming on the screen and prepare to post my first blog that will, yet again, connect me to unknown faces tied to lives out there in the real world. I shall sign off for now, being known to be one who ramblez on, it is time to get back to work. To ya'll bloggers out there, a virtual hello and how'do'you'do (especially to LaVonne, tehehe) and till next time (which shall be very soon!).

1 comment:

  1. Well I am glad you have started blogging. It is like a journal and the more real the better. I have always imagined you blogging a great blog about a moderate Christian living in an ultra-conservative world. You have so many great stories to share (high heels, holding hands, jeans vs. dresses, silly putty, food, and you name it). I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

Share a thought or two. . .