Check out my other blog: Arugula Addict! I'll be writing about my journey to becoming a healthier person.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Isaiah 40:11



Thank you, LaVonne, for posting this clip and I hope you don't mind that I'm re-posting it! When the video began, it was kind of slow and I thought, why bother, but after the first 40 seconds, I understood why. It is amazingly powerful and you have to watch it for yourself to understand the emotion within.

I love watching reality shows and one evening I was watching Biggest Loser online where they had to run a marathon of some sort. Everyone struggled, of course, but one man in particular had a really difficult time of it, with a bad knee and his age and all that. His son finished well ahead of him, but he kept on going. I think he was determined to finish that race even if his leg gave out on him. Well, the father kept on running, at times walking, or hobbling, and at one point his friends came around him and they ran part of the way with him. And then, at the end, his son returned and ran the last mile with him.

Then there's the story of the special Olympics and the contestant who fell partway into the race. The other contestants returned, linked arms with him, and together they finished the race.

My pastor told a gripping story that also brought tears to my eyes. You can see a clip of it here:



Each of these stories have the same theme in common. A race, someone who is struggling, and someone who comes alongside and helps them to finish the race. It made no difference who the person was, someone special in their life was there to support them and, at times, run the race for them.

We all go through difficult times in our lives and sometimes we feel like we cannot run a step further. It is then that God comes alongside us, picks us up, and carries us for as long as we need Him to. He is like that. He's our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or two. . .